Sunday, February 21, 2010

Month 5



At 5 mos;
- I rolls on my tummy and back
- I rocks side to side when i'm on my tummy
- I babbles a lot that my cousin Suting (2years old) thinks i was too noisy and disturb her sleep
"Milan ni...jangan bising. orang nak tido pun tak koleh"
*koleh = boleh
- when Mommy works in the kitchen, i'll be in the stroller and Suting will watch me
- my first time in walker, stroller and mosquito net
- i can put my pacifier into my mouth myself
- I love to play with my hands and feet (sometimes i put my toes in my mouth!)
- I can recognizes my own name
- I can sit for a short moment without support
- I love meeting people. I don't mind being carried by just anyone, but i'll cry when i see my Uyi

Living in kampung was totally a whole new experience for me. There was no car. Only sound of nature. We had to sleep in mosquito net at night and it was so warm during the day, that my Ulai would have to start our fueled operated generator. When i squeaked even just for a bit, my Ulai thought that i can't take the heat. We bathe with the water from the river. Sometimes Mommy would carry two pails and get some water for me to bathe. There were mosquito bites on my skin. But despite all that, Mommy was happy for us. She wanted me to experience the life in a place where she grew up. Meeting the people.

Mommy makes sure that i have supplies of medicines (flu, cough, fever etc.) since there is no clinic nearby. The nearest is in Marudi town (1hr1/2 express boat ride). Same thing goes for my diapers and formula.

During the day, we normally sits at the 'ruai' because it was quite windy outside. In the evening, we would do some gardening. Uyi planted some spinach for my porridge.

Mak Wie (mom's younger sister) was there too for her semester break. Now, Mommy gets to rest since Mak Wie helped with the housework and Uyi helped to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment